Shakopee Drivers License Suspension Lawyer

If you have been arrested for DWI/DUI, it is important to realize that in addition to the criminal penalties you face such as jail time and fines, you also face administrative and civil penalties that include the suspension or revocation of your driver’s license for a set period of time, which can range from a matter of months to more than a year.

Can I Keep My License?

This is the most common question that individuals ask after a DWI arrest. At Loftness Law Office in Shakopee, I focus on finding the answer for my clients in the southwest metro and surrounding communities. I focus on resolving both the criminal and civil issues facing my clients, including the collateral consequences that can complicate their lives.

I am a lawyer and litigator who is prepared to represent individuals in proceedings surrounding criminal charges as well as administrative proceedings involving their driver’s licenses. Whether your license is at risk due to a breath test refusal or you have been arrested for DWI, I will make sure you understand your rights and pursue the best possible outcome for your situation.

Driver’s License Revocations in Minnesota

Just what are you facing if your license is revoked? The answer depends on the circumstances surrounding your DWI charges.

90-Day Suspension

  • Blood alcohol content under .16
  • No prior related incidents within the past 10 years
  • No aggravating factors

One-Year Revocation

  • Blood alcohol content more than .16
  • Previous related incident within the past 10 years (under .16)
  • Refusing a breath, blood or urine test

As the factors involved escalate and incidents accumulate, revocations can even result in a license cancellation. As your Shakopee driver’s license suspension attorney, I will work to protect your driving privileges at every step of the process.

Scott County License Revocation Attorney

If you have been arrested for DWI/DUI, it is important to realize just how quickly the administrative process can proceed. Contact my firm today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your rights.